3 methods to distinguish KOLIDA tilt sensor RTK and IMU RTK from regular RTK?
Difference between regular RTK, tilt sensor RTK and IMU RTK
Tilt sensor, IMU sensor pictures
Methods 1: by serial number
In most cases, we can set regular RTK, tilt sensor RTK and IMU RTK apart by the last character in their serial numbers, for example:
Note: This method is only for the un-modified RTK, it is not suitable when we install tilt sensor or IMU sensors to regular RTK according to customers’ request. In such case, we must use methods below to distinguish RTK types.
Methods 2: by extra stickers
Starting from this month, we’ll attach special stickers for tilt sensor RTK and IMU RTK exported.
Method 3: by sensor calibration\IMU initialization progress
We can try to do sensor calibration on tilt sensor RTK and IMU initialization on IMU RTK, if RTK passes calibration, then it is with tilt sensor; if RTK passes initialization, then it is with IMU sensor.
Tilt sensor RTK calibration steps:
1. Run survX, select Kolida-RTK, connect with receiver by Bluetooth;
2. Activate tilt survey function: go to survX-Survey-Point Survey-click the icon to activate tilt survey;
3. E-bubble calibration: level receiver on a tripod, go to survX-Device-Calibrate Sensor-E-bubble -start. E-bubble calibration finishes when the progress bar reaches 100%;
4. Magnetic calibration: take receiver from tripod, go to survX-Device-Calibrate Sensor-Magnetic-Start, after the voice indication “please rotate the receiver correctly to calibrate”, start to rotate the receiver in different angles. Magnetic calibration finishes when the progress bar reaches 100%.
IMU RTK initialization steps:
1. Run survX, select Kolida-RTK(Inertial), connect with receiver by Bluetooth;
2. Connect receiver to differential correction source, after it gets fixed solution, do the following operations:
IMU RTK initialization operation in survX video link：
IMU RTK initialization operation on shaking receiver video link：